Small Business Series
Verizon Wireless is committed to providing Small Business Owners with the solutions you need to be successful. We have the tools and business expertise to help you become more efficient, lower your operating costs and increase productivity in an effort to maximize your bottom line.
Local Inspiration: Moses Hall Creates A Thriving, Profitable Business After The Economic Turndown Squashed His Post-Graduation Plans
When Moses Hall graduated from Columbia College in 2012, he had hoped his Bachelor of Arts degree in Arts Entertainment and Media Management would help him gain a foothold in the music industry. His dream was to combine his talents, passion and business acumen to create a successful long-term career as a musician.
But like so many other recent college grads, Moses was in for a rude awakening. Once he graduated, no one was hiring!
Here’s a sneak peak at our first webinar, presented by Sydni Craig-Hart from our free series: The Busy Entrepreneur’s Guide to Business Success.
View the Full Presentation on Demand
The Busy Entrepreneur’s Guide to Business Success: A FREE Webinar Series
Verizon and BlackBerry® are proud to have offered a FREE five-part webinar series featuring leading experts who shared strategies that small business owners could take away and immediately apply to their business. We’re now happy to offer all of these webinars on demand. Learn more about each presentation below and then register to watch all five at your convenience.
Five Ways to Market Your Business and Increase Your Profits When You’re Always on the Go
Presented by Sydni Craig-Hart
You may be missing several easy but powerful marketing strategies you can implement today to help you maximize the value of your relationships with your target market. (And no, we’re not talking about social media!) This presentation will empower you with tried and true marketing knowledge that will help you grow! You will walk away having learned:
- The one thing you MUST do before spending another dime on marketing (this will make all your advertising, marketing, and publicity efforts 100% more effective!).
- How to get referrals from past clients, friends, and family?
- 3 easy ways to use the Internet to build a professional brand that attracts your ideal clients.
- Exactly why you need to team up with local businesses to create power partnerships that bring in more clients for everyone.
- How to get prospective clients to call you before they shop around.
About the Speaker
Sydni Craig-Hart, expert marketing consultant, teaches small and medium sized companies to attract more clients and increase their revenue. Sydni uses a results-focused, “how to” approach in implementing simple and customized strategies so clients can meet their sales goals. She has worked with hundreds of clients in over 50 different industries to develop multiple streams of income, discover untapped profit centers, gain national recognition and establish an engaging brand.
The Ten Biggest Mistakes Small Business Owners Make and How to Avoid Them
Presented by Melinda Emerson
It’s hard to run a small business. You are doing 10 jobs all at once—and it’s easy to drop a ball. Yet a lot of the pain of running a small business is self-inflicted. Melinda Emerson ‘SmallBizLady’ reviews the 10 biggest mistakes small business owners make and how to avoid them. Many mistakes are due to a lack of planning or just a lack of experience. Melinda walks through common pitfalls in business and social media so you can avoid the costliest mistakes and create customers for life.
Learn how to run your operations in a way that keeps you top of mind with your customers—without annoying them. By following Melinda’s suggestions, business owners will learn how to build long-term relationships with customers that will help them create profitable and sustainable operations.
Here’s what you’ll take away from this webinar:
- Marketing mistakes that can cost you
- Keys to customer service success
- Social media selling secrets
- Best hiring practices
- Avoiding financial mismanagement
- Creating an action plan
About the Speaker
Melinda F. Emerson, known to many as SmallBizLady is America’s #1 Small Business Expert. As CEO of Quintessence Multimedia, Melinda educates entrepreneurs and Fortune 500 companies on subjects including start-up challenges, sales strategy and social media marketing. Forbes Magazine named her #1 woman for entrepreneurs to follow on Twitter. Melinda writes a regular column on social media for the NY Times and is the author of the bestselling book “Become Your Own Boss in 12 months; A Month-by-Month Guide to a Business That Works” and the ebook How to Become a Social Media Ninja; 101 Ways to Dominate Your Competition Online.
How Technology Can Save Your Business Money
Presented by Navarrow Wright
Finding Capital and Managing Your Finances so Your Business is Prepared for Growth
Presented by Laurence Hayward
Some businesses need funding in order to prepare their company for massive growth. Yet finding money to manage and grow your business can seem an overwhelming challenge. Fortunately, no matter what stage of business you’re in, there are viable options available to you, IF you know how to tap into them. In this insightful session we uncover what it takes to raise capital and manage your small businesses finances in a way that sets you up for success.
You will learn:
- Which options are best for you based on your goals and stage of business
- What steps are involved in securing capital and how to manage the process
- The timeline of what happens when and how long the process should take
- What investors look for before funding a small business
- What documents you need and how to prepare and present a polished package
- Where to find and connect with potential investors
About the Speaker
Laurence K. Hayward is a partner at Independence Equity, an early-stage venture fund that invests in technologies that promote the efficient use of resources. He has been working in the Cleantech sector since 2001 starting with the commercialization of wastewater treatment technology. Hayward is also co-founder of Cornerstone Angels, a network of accredited investors that has invested in 26 companies since 2006, and is founder/CEO of VentureLab, an organization that helps incubates new ventures. Hayward has been forming, investing in and advising start-ups since 1999 following 8 years at Arthur Andersen in the Emerging Company Services practice. He is a graduate of the Joint MBA/BS program at the University of Illinois in Champaign Urbana and hold Series 7 and 63 licenses.
Five Secrets to Help You Uncover Hidden Time in Your Day
Presented by Dave Crenshaw
What could you do with a 20% increase in productivity? Dave will show you and your staff how to find extra time at work, without having to work weekends. Learn how to find precious minutes and hours—that add up to extra DAYS!—hiding right under your noses. Not only that, Dave explains how to make that time COUNT with his truly unique brand of wit and wisdom.
Crenshaw offers clear solutions for dealing with today’s information-saturated world. He helps business leaders and employees:
- Recognize why multitasking is a false construct
- Understand the difference between background-tasking and switch-tasking
- Create a new and realistic weekly budget focusing time
- Schedule recurring appointments with key people
About the Speaker
Dave Crenshaw is the master of helping business owners triumph over chaos. He has appeared in Time magazine, Forbes, the Washington Post, and the BBC News. His first book, The Myth of Multitasking: How 'Doing It All' Gets Nothing Done, has been published in six languages and is a time management best seller. His latest book, The Focused Business: How Entrepreneurs Can Triumph Over Chaos, is also a small business best seller. As an author, speaker, and business coach, Dave has transformed thousands of businesses worldwide.
Feature Product for Success — 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice
When you need high-speed Internet and phone connectivity at your office or when traveling to remote worksites (or a vacation home), the Verizon 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice has you covered. Securely connect wired and wireless devices to the 4G LTE network, and connect your landline phone to make calls. From convention centers to vendor fairs or construction sites, you and your employees can rely on the Verizon 4G LTE Broadband Router with Voice.
Enjoy these features:
- Use local and long distance calling with caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting, call holding, three–way calling, TTY–TTD, voice mail and 911*.
- Keep your current phone number or set up a new one. There’s no need for a separate landline.
- Connect up to 10 wireless devices and up to three wired devices to fast 4G LTE Internet.
- Backup battery provides up to 4 hours voice OR up to 33 hours standby*.
- Move around the house with your wireless devices: This router has a Wi–Fi range of up to 300 feet.
- Enjoy fast speeds while surfing the web: downloads of up to 5 to 12 Mbps and uploads of up to 2 to 5 Mbps.